Teen Volunteer Opportunities
The Lewes Public Library depends on our volunteers to help provide the extent of services we offer our Library customers. We have approximately 25 teen volunteers who help with circulation, shelving, special events, and much more. With annual circulation of 200,000 items and customer traffic average of 1,000 people a day, we couldn’t do it without our dedicated volunteers.
PLEASE NOTE: New volunteers are brought in on an as needed basis. Volunteer opportunities arise when there is turnover and/or new programming. When you submit an application, we hold onto your information and notify you when there is a training scheduled for any new openings. There may be a significant lag in the time from when you express interest in volunteering to when we need a new volunteer.
Download an Application for Volunteer Service – Applications also can be found at the Circulation Desk in the Library.
Teen volunteers are used in the following positions:
- Summer Youth Ambassador Program – Summer Youth Ambassador Program for students who have completed 6th, 7th, or 8th grade.
- Shelf Reader– Main Library
- Transit Volunteer – Main Library
- Circulation Desk Volunteer / Circulation Desk Emergency Substitute – Main Library
- Teen Circulation Volunteer – exclusive teen room help
- Roots and Shoots Club – meets each month for one hour
- Roots and Shoots Outreach – meets each month for up to two hours
- Teen Advisory Board Member – meets once a month for one hour
New volunteers are required to attend three, two-hour volunteer training sessions and participate in on-the-job training with staff and experienced volunteers.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities please contact Emily Ellinger, Teen Services Librarian, at (302) 645-2733, ext. 4107 or email.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Library.