Library Closed Until Further Notice
In the interest of public health and in accordance with Delaware Governor Carney’s Stay-At-Home Order, the Lewes Public Library is closed beginning Monday, March 23 until further notice. The Friends Shop inside the library also is closed until further notice.
We will continue to monitor the situation, and will open again when it is deemed safe.
Please note the following:
- ALL meetings of outside groups are cancelled.
- Our book drop is closed.
- Many of our programs are being offered online. Here is a list of our virtual offerings for adults.
- Please keep all checked out items at home.
- All due dates have been changed so you will NOT be charged late fees.
- Items currently on hold will remain on hold until one week after we re-open.
- If you have questions or need assistance, please send us an email (email@example.com).
- Do NOT call the library – we are not answering the phone and messages are not retrieved.
- You can access online resources, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, Magazines, and more on the Delaware Division of Libraries eMedia page – all for free!
We will post updates on our website and social media including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We implore everyone to follow Governor Carney’s Stay-At-Home Order. We miss seeing each and every one of you, and want you to stay safe and stay healthy. We look forward to seeing you again when we are able to re-open.
Lewes Public Library Staff