Library Status | Available Services
Below are the services the library currently is offering.
- If you have questions or need assistance, you may call the library at 302-645-2733 between the hours of 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM from Monday through Friday. Please do not leave a message as messages are not retrieved. OR you can send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Our book drop is OPEN 24/7 to return items. All items must be quarantined for at least three days before they are checked in so they may appear on your account even after you have returned them. You will NOT be charged late fees.
- Appointments for browsing and computer use are now available! Call the library or send us an email to schedule a 45-minute appointment to browse our collections, check-out materials or use our computers. Masks are required for anyone over 2-years-old and temperatures will be taken at the door. The Browsing schedule is Monday/Wednesday from 2:00 – 5:00 PM and Tuesday/Thursday from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
- Patrons can place a hold on items through the Delaware Library Catalog (dlc.lib.de.us). Once we receive your item, depending on how you requested to be notified, you will receive an email, text or phone call that the item is ready for pick-up.
- Appointments are not required for Lobby service. Lobby pick-up schedule is Mon/Wed/Fri from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM; Tues/Thurs from 2:00 – 5:00 PM. Pick-up is not available on the weekends.
- There are a limited number of curbside appointments each day. To schedule a curbside appointment, call the library or for fastest response send us an email.
- You can access online resources, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, Magazines, and more on the Delaware Division of Libraries eMedia page – all for free!
- If you need something printed, please email it to email@example.com. We will print it for you and put it in an envelope with your name on it. You may pick it up during lobby pick-up hours. There is no charge for printing but donations (cash or check) are appreciated to help cover the costs. Wireless printing from home also is available. Instructions on how to do that may be found here.
- Many of our programs are being offered online. Here is a list of our virtual offerings for adults. Here is a list of upcoming virtual author events. All online events are live and interactive. Events are not recorded.
- ALL meetings of outside groups are cancelled and we are not scheduling meetings for groups at this time.
- The library is NOT accepting any donated materials. Please do NOT put donations in the book drop or leave them outside the building.
We will post updates on our website and social media including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We look forward to seeing you again!
Lewes Public Library Staff