Library Status | Available Services
Effective June 1, the Lewes Public Library is beginning a phased re-opening in concert with the Delaware Division of Libraries and the Sussex County Department of Libraries. We will update this page as we go through the phases.
Please note the following:
- Our book drop is OPEN 24/7 to return items. All items must be quarantined for at least three days before they are checked in so they may appear on your account even after you have returned them.
- You will NOT be charged late fees.
- Patrons can place a hold on items through the Delaware Library Catalog (dlc.lib.de.us).
- Items are being shipped between Delaware libraries but it may take longer than usual to receive an item from another library.
- Once we receive your item, depending on how you requested to be notified, you will receive an email, text or phone call that the item is ready for pick-up.
- Appointments are not required for Lobby service. Lobby pick-up schedule is Mon/Wed/Fri from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM; Tues/Thurs from 2:00 – 5:00 PM.
- There are a limited number of curbside appointments each day. To schedule a curbside appointment, call the library (302-645-2733) Monday – Friday between the hours of 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM or for fastest response send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- There are no pick-up appointments available on the weekends.
- Many of our programs are being offered online. Here is a list of our virtual offerings for adults. Here is a list of upcoming virtual author events. All online events are live and interactive. Events are not recorded.
- ALL meetings of outside groups are cancelled and we are not scheduling meetings for groups at this time.
- If you have questions or need assistance, you may call the library at 302-645-2733 between the hours of 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM from Monday through Friday. Please do not leave a message as messages are not retrieved.
- You also can send us an email (email@example.com).
- You can access online resources, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, Magazines, and more on the Delaware Division of Libraries eMedia page – all for free!
- The library is NOT accepting any donated materials. Please do NOT put donations in the book drop or leave them outside the building.
We will post updates on our website and social media including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We look forward to seeing you again!
Lewes Public Library Staff