Friends – Finance Committee
The Board of the Friends of the Lewes Public Library is in the process of forming sub-committees that will focus on certain areas that are key to the success of the Friends. We are looking for qualified volunteers for the finance sub-committee that will assist the Friends in continuing to meet its goal of being a valuable resource to the Lewes Public Library.
The finance committee is a committee of the Board of Directors and is chaired by the Board Treasurer. The committee will be responsible for reviewing and providing guidance on financial matters.
Duties of the Finance Committee Include:
- Regularly review the organization’s revenues and expenditures, balance sheet, investments, and other matters related to its continued solvency
- Ensure the preparation of tax form 990
- Present accurate, timely, and meaningful financial statements to the Board
- Draft guidelines for putting excess cash in low-risk, short-term investment vehicles. These should maximize earned revenue without interfering with operating cash flow needs
Finance Committee Volunteers should have:
- The ability to understand financial statements
- The ability to work cooperatively
- Time to dedicate to this professional volunteer opportunity (approximately 2 hours per month)
- The flexibility to take on occasional finance-related special projects
- Committee to attend regular meetings
All interested parties should send letters of intent and any relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.