The Lewes Public Library has a wide variety of technology available throughout the Library. The Library offers computer help in a several formats.
- 30 public computers are available – 18 for general use, 6 for teens, and 6 for children. There are also two Early Literacy Stations in the Children’s Room.
- These computers have Internet access, the full Microsoft Office Suite, and a DVD/CDR drive.
- Floppy disc drives are available for those needing disc drive access. Personal flash drives can be used via the computer’s USB port. Downloading to the library’s computers is not available.
- Use is limited to 1 hour, and may be limited to 1/2 hour during peak periods in the summer.
- Wireless Internet access is available after agreeing to our Acceptable Use Policy.
- Use of the Internet is governed by the Delaware Library Computer Acceptable Use Policy.
- Black and white/color printing is available from all public access Internet computers. Wireless printing is also available. Black & white printing is $.10/page. Color printing is $.25/page.
- A copy machine is available for single sided black and white copies. Letter sized copies are $.20/page. Legal sized copies are $.25/page.
- A scanner/fax machine is available for patron use. This machine only allows outgoing faxes at $.10/page.
- Two magnifiers are available to assist patrons with visual difficulties. One is located next to the fireplace and the other is in the Delaware Room.
- Stereo headphones are available for use within the library with your Library card.
- Laptops may be loaned out for use in the Library. You’ll be required to leave your driver’s license at the Circ. Desk.
Teen Tech Suite
- Open to teens 12 – 18 to create & complete individual, group, or school projects.
- Equipped with a green screen wall and drape for props as well as Smart Board technology.
- Video equipment is available for in studio use, but can be taken off site with prior permission. Video camera is a Canon Vixia HR R700.
- Camera equipment is available for in studio use, but can be taken off site with prior permission. Camera is a Nikon D3200.
- An iMac is available for student use. Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements are included as well as the full suite of Mac applications.
A Teen Tech Club regularly takes place each month on the 4th Thursday at 4:30 PM. Previous projects include little world photography, introduction to Photoshop, stop motion animation, and claymation. Visit the Teen page for more information on each month’s project.