Many Ways to Give
These gifts have the advantage of seeing your gift at work helping the Library.
- Cash Contributions – write a check to a fund at the Library.
- Gifts of Property – be more philanthropic than you thought possible while receiving significant tax savings.
- These may include securities, real estate and tangible property, such as artwork, books or equipment.
- Irrevocable gifts of real estate can allow you to enjoy your assets in your lifetime and gain a tax benefit today.
- Gifts of appreciated stock provide you with a double benefit – a charitable tax deduction for the full current market value and you won’t be subject to capital gains tax on the appreciation in value. Plus, you gain the satisfaction of helping the Library.
Bequests – Over the years, many patrons and supporters have remembered the Library as they prepare or revise their wills. Leave a legacy by naming the Library endowment as a beneficiary. Options include:
- Wills or other estate planning documents
- Charitable Trusts
- IRA or other qualified retirement plans
- Insurance policies
Do you have questions or need more information?
Please contact Rebecca Lowe, Library Development Director, at (302) 645-2733, ext. 4117 or by email.